After weeks of rigorous research and analysis, we are proud to publish the 2nd Annual India e-Marketing report- ‘Gearing Up For Growth’ by Octane Research. The report aims to garner responses from the full spectrum of the Marketers in India, both to understand how it’s being adopted and what the trend is likely to be.
So what are the key findings for the industry? Take a look at the interesting preview:
- More power to social media and email: Email marketing and social media top the charts in terms of adoption. Both have posted a solid growth from last year, and as businesses come more and more to understand the value of engagement, the trend is likely to continue. It looks as if businesses are embracing the idea of “personal touch” in their communication.
- Spam go away: As online communication in India gets more mature, marketers feel the need to establish a strong code of conduct and bullet-proof anti-spam laws. We hope IAMAI takes notice and is soon out with some strong measures!
- Rest in peace, SMS: After the TRAI restriction on SMS marketing daily limit, marketers are moving towards email as a more powerful and communicative medium. This happens as email is being perceived as a more reliable communication medium.
- Integration: Indian marketers are now looking towards integrating social media with email marketing. It’s a natural trend, as observed in other markets that practice high-loyalty, permission-based marketing. Overwhelming 61% respondents are in favor of this, and would like to see better tools and solutions.
- Challenges: As seen last year also, ensuring inbox delivery remains one of the priority goals for businesses. Other important goals are building up the subscribers list and increasing the RoI on email marketing campaigns, which are all part of better engagement and lead generation.
What are the top five industries pursuing e-Marketing aggressively? The report reveals that these are Retail & Distribution, Media & Entertainment, IT & ITES, Service and Consulting, and Education.
Find out what eMarketing 2012 holds for the Indian marketer, only in the 2012 release of the report (please visit www.octane.in/research to purchase a complete copy of this report).
— Team Octane